If you are unable to vote in person on 24th October, you can request a ballot paper by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from a cranfield email account between 09.00hrs Monday 21st October to 12.00hrs Wednesday 23rd October.
- Include your full name and University student ID number (front of ID card).
- Don’t forget, state the campus where you are registered.
A ballot paper will then be emailed out. Completed ballot papers must be received back from the same email account before 17.00hrs on Wednesday 23rd October to be included in the count.
As in all CSA elections, each position will have the option of voting for RON/Other (Re-Open Nominations). This allows you to have the option of not voting for the named candidates. The votes for Re-open Nominations are counted the same as any other candidates’ votes are counted. If Re-open Nominations get more votes than the candidates, a new election will be held.
This election is run by the Single Transferable Vote (STV) method.
The count will take place on Thursday 24th October at 18.00 at the CSA Cranfield and the results will be posted in the CSA and on the intranet.
Why should I vote?
- It is simple and could make a big difference to students’ lives. Even if you can’t see a benefit for yourself, all the candidates have shown a great deal of enthusiasm, passion and determination. By taking a few minutes to vote, you could help them achieve their goal: making a difference to the lives of Cranfield University students.
- And, most importantly, the more students who vote, the stronger the CSA’s voice will be in representing students.